Jim Ziolkowski left a plum job at GE to start buildOn, a nonprofit organization that breaks the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. But his lofty mission was met with a string of rejections and setbacks. Find out how this failure powered Jim and his team to develop the humility and grit to keep going.
In this episode of the Classy podcast, Jim shares:
- Why he couldn’t walk away when failure seemed certain
- How an executive assistant gave buildOn a chance
- Why he shares their methodology with other organizations
- How risk-taking created this 25-year-old international nonprofit
- Why buildOn is not a charity